This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights!
Our three-day trekking and caving adventure includes the very best wild caves of the region including Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave and Tu Lan Cave!
It is a more in challenging experience compared to our Tu Lan Cave Encounter (2 days), as you’ll see more of the caves and go much further into the jungle!
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and one of the most talked about adventure experiences in Vietnam!
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Tu Lan
- You will be picked up in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am at your hotel and driven to the little village of Tan Hoa for your initial safety briefing. Please be noted that Release Form needs to be signed before you are getting to the jungle.
- You’ll then set off across sweeping fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River, making your way up to the short hill into Rat Cave.
- Explore 300m in Rat Cave with spectacular calcite stalagmites, then make your way back out for a picnic lunch served next to the river in La Ken Valley.
- You’ll then climb 150 m increasing in elevation up Lom Com Mountain. Keep going through Flat Rock Peak and make your way to Mango Peak on Mango Mountain. After a quick break, the trek continues down into Tu Lan Valley (2 km).
- You’ll finish your afternoon on a more relaxed note with swimming around the waterfall, followed by a BBQ dinner, and singing around the campfire until sleep overcomes you.
Day 2: Ken Cave – Tu Lan – Hang Kim – To Mo
- The morning arrives with another full day of adventure. Shortly following breakfast comes a swim directly into Ken Cave.
- After exploring this longest cave in Tu Lan Cave System, you will return back to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest, and picnic lunch.
- Post-lunch, it’s a 200 m swim into Tu Lan Cave, followed by a 1.5 km trek to Hang Kim where swimming (450 m) and exploration (500 m) continues before adventuring 500 m on through To Mo Valley to the To Mo Cave campsite.
- Enjoy another beautifully prepared dinner, and camping within graceful To Mo Valley.
Day 3: To Mo – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
- The last day continues to exude less adventure and balance between trekking and swimming, and then a morning swim 100 m upstream past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via what is usually the exit of the cave.
- Investigation of the dry passage leads to a 15 m ladder climb up to the entrance of Hung Ton. After trekking across Hung Ton Valley, you will squeeze your way in to Secret Cave and discover the most untouched cave in Tu Lan Cave System.
- Early afternoon holds the return trip across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields, and back to Tan Hoa (2.5 km), where a cold drink will be calling your name.
- Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change.
- The tour returns to Dong Hoi by 5:30 pm.
WE WILL PROVIDE
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag, pillow, foam mattress
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches (day 1, 2 & 3), breakfast (days 2 & 3), dinner (day 1 & 2)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters), and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1-2 pair of short and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
- 1 pair of good-gripping and non-waterproof trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2-3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Our Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer is available with weekly departures on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, on a join-in basis (minimum 2 pax). It is advised to book in advance as this is a popular tour and the number of guest is limited.
This tour is operated from November to mid-September (closed from mid-September to the first week of November).
Price: USD356/person (VND8000.000) ***
*** THE ABOVE PRICING IS FOR PICK UP IN PHONG NHA VILLAGE, IF GUEST IS STAYING IN DONG HOI THERE IS AN EXTRA CHARGE OF USD26/person (VND600.000/person)