The cave is called the dark cave because it is made of mostly basalt in addition to limestone. The basalt is a black hard rock, giving it its dark name. Basalt and limestone surrounding you, you squished through the passage using only your headlamps.
By the time we got through the passage, you are covered in mud and ready for another swim. This time you can go further into the cave, where the width was probably 100m and the depth is deeper than anyone could touch. As you swim, you have to duck under huge stalagmites and balance between limestone columns to get to the next big opening.
One the way back, everyone turn on their lights during the long swim stretch and you can swim in darkness. It is surreal. Probably the coolest thing you haven’t done.
07:50am: Our car and tour guide will pick up guests at hotel in Dong Hoi, you will explore the Phong Nha caves (50 km about the city, 45 minutes driving). This cave is called as water cave, is famous for its rock formation which has been given names such as the “Lion”, the “Fairy Caves”, the “Royal Court”, and the “Buddha”.
12:00: Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha village before exloring National Park in the afternoon
01:00 – 04:30pm: Visit Dark cave, Dark cave is really amazing where you can experience many adventure activities including muddy bath, zip lining, swimming, kayaking, soft caving and walking
- Tip: Bring swim wear and towel
05:30pm: Back to Dong Hoi. Tour ends
- Free pick up service at the hotel, train, bus station, airport
- Transfer and back up by van
- Vietnamese and English speaking tour guide
- Lunch (Vietnamese dishes style)
- Entrance tickets with dragon boat and golf car
- Mineral water and wet tissue
Policy for children
- Under 0.9m: Free of charge (not including costs)
- From 0.9m – 1.3m: 50% of ticket price
- Over 1.3m: 100% of ticket price
Price: USD60/person (VND1.400.000/person)