Hang En (Swallow cave) is designed for special interest travelers who love challenging and adventuring the caves, less explored nature: mountain, forest, animals … The tour last for 2 days and 1 night sleep inside the cave, experience wild nature in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.
Hang Én Cave in Phong Nha Caves in Quang Binh province in central Vietnam was voted last May by National Geographic Magazine as one of the most beautiful photos. However, it’s paradoxical that few visitors know the site. That’s why we are there.
In a short while, we were able to spot the mouth of Swallow Cave. Its beauty took by surprise. The mouth is almost 100m wide. Three huge water caves inside are separated by sloping hills which are filled with smooth sand and large rocks overlapping one another. The Swallow Cave is 1.645 m long and has three mouths. One is halfway up a mountain and two others are located on another mountain which has its foot on the south-east and north-west alongside Rao Thuong Stream. All of these make the cave different from other well-known caves in the country. At night, we went to this stream to catch fish. This stream was abounded with numerous kinds of exotic Because of their breathtaking beauty, many people have suggested ideas to plan and develop tourism activities for Swallow Cave and other sceneries in the Phong Nha Ke – Ke Bang National Park.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Ban Doong Village – Hang En
- 7:30: Our local guide will pickup you at Dong Hoi City and brief the tour plan, earn all about safety and collect your gear before we leave for Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park’s core zone to discover Swallow cave.
- After transferring to trekking trail, the adventure starts trek down a steep jungle hill with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich jungle to reach the Ban Doong minority village. We will have picnic lunch in the village.
- After lunch we begin a trek through jungle toward Hang En Cave (Swallow Cave) through river streams, and across the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
- About 15:00 pm: Enter inside from the main month of Hang En cave and start explore around with mysterious beauty and supprise. Take your time to shot a lot of wonderful photos and selfie to show you are there, at one of the most spectacular sights and at the world’s 3rd biggest cave (100m wide, 120m high)
- Take swimming and relax while our staff prepare BBQ dinner with rice wine for your group. Enjoy special Night Cave Party in local style beside camping fire “No drunk, no go home”
- Have dinner and sleep in tent.
Day 2: Hang En – Ban Doong Village – Phong Nha
- Breakfast at the campsite and explore the breathtaking exit, and then trek through the dry passage to the viewpoint high above camp, where 300 million year old fossils can be witnessed.
- After that trek back through the mountainous river valley, through jungle and across streams, until reaching Doong village again.
Enjoy a picnic lunch by the stream and then prepare for the biggest challenge ahead, climbing the treacherous hill up to the Ho Chi Minh Road.
- Watch out for leeches and push ahead to the road, where cold drinks are waiting. Return by vehicle to Phong Nha by 16:00 – 17:00 pm to get any stuffs stored there in the previous day.
- End tour
- Permission to discover the cave
- Transfer two ways from/to Dong Hoi City / Phong Nha
- English speaking guide
- Porters & Cooking
- First-aid kit
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees
What to bring:
- Trekking boot
- Sun block
- Insect repellent (mosquitos & and leeches are majority)
- Warm clothes for cold weather
- Rain coat
- Original passport.
Overnight inside the cave
Min group: 2 tourists – Max group: 14 tourists
Validity: from Feb to August, 2017
Price: USD334/person (VND7.500.000) ***
*** THE ABOVE PRICING IS FOR PICK UP IN PHONG NHA VILLAGE, IF GUEST IS STAYING IN DONG HOI THERE IS AN EXTRA CHARGE OF USD26/person (VND600.000/person)